- At least 256MB of RAM is recommended.
- Your TiVo needs to be running at least version 7.1 software.
- If you have a firewall installed on your PC, then you must configure the firewall to allow the ports that Galleon requires.
- You must have administrative rights on you PC to be able to install Galleon.
- Run galleon-1.9.2.exe which will launch the Galleon installation wizard. Follow the instructions in the following tutorial.
If you do not have the JRE package installed on your system, the
installation wizard will attempt to install those. The installation
wizard will install Galleon in "C:\Program Files\Galleon" by default.
The wizard will also install Galleon as a service.
- Install the Java JRE.
- The Java JRE bin directory must be in you system PATH environment variable.
- The JAVA_HOME environment variable must point to the root of the Java JRE installation.
- Disable IPv6.
- Configure your system's name in /etc/hosts under the actual IP address, not 127.0.0.1
- If you are upgrading a previous installation, make a backup of the configure.xml file in the Galleon conf directory.
- Extract the Galleon zip file to a directory.
- Restore the backed up configure.xml file to the Galleon conf directory.
- Make the scripts in the Galleon bin directory executable: chmod a+x *.sh
- Run the Galleon server from the Galleon bin directory: run.sh
- Extract the galleon-1.9.2.zip file.
- Galleon bin directory contains scripts to run the server and configuration GUI.
- The installation steps should be very similar to the Linux instructions above.
After you have installed all of the neccessary software, follow the configuration instructions.